Today was my last day with my mentee. It was bitter sweet. We read and then played and experimented with magnents. We then played soccor with the class. When I told her that today was my last day, she seemed really bummed and said she wanted me to stay, she almost broke my heart. I would love to stay, but it doesn't work out with my schedule. I will definitely miss seeing her weekly and reading and laughing with her. Working with BLAST was a great opprotunity and experience and I am glad I had such an amazing mentee to get to know!!
It's great you had a really good experience with your mentee. I've read other blogs from students who were unable to connect for various reasons. How nice for the time you guys had together!
ReplyDeleteI had a great time with the BLAST organization as well. It is good to know that you grew such a strong connection with your mentee. Remember, The harder it is to say goodbye, the better job you did!
ReplyDelete