Saturday, April 14, 2012

April 14

This weeks class discussion was sad but interesting.  I found it surprising how it has only been in the past 40-50 years where we have seen women being helped and protected and recieving rights.  What made it surprising was the fact that it has been going on for forever.  The clip we watched about the women who has been in jail for 25 years, was really sad to watch.  It was surprising to see the number of women how have been incarcerated due to reasons related to self defense.  I wonder if that is just really hard to prove.  I think there is room for much more improvement and greater rights for abused women.

I did not have BLAST this week because my cite was on spring break.

1 comment:

  1. Melannie! Your blog is so pretty and pink! :) I really liked the video we watched today in class as well. It was so interesting and sad to see that so many women are in these situations throughout our country and are getting no justification. Hopefully times will change!

    ReplyDelete